Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Update on moving

Yeesh, what a nightmare.  It feels like this whole process has gone on for a month.  Oh yeah, because it has. Well we've finally started moving into the house. With lots of help from my mom, Jon's dad, and Roxy the blue Prius and Bruce the beige Prius, we have moved 90% of "the little stuff". The remaining 10% is either the stuff we can't live without and therefore stay with us or the crap we haven't decided if we'll keep or not.

The big stuff is moving this weekend, with the help of lots of our friends and a u-haul. I hope it goes smoothly!  I'll post some disastrous pics of our apartment looking like a hot mess later.

Also to wrestle with are the many problems with the house. Several have been easy to rectify - bought a new garage door opener, bought a jimmy bar to secure the sliding glass door (lock was broken), bought a new sink stopper (missing). Others have not been so easy.  I spent 3+ hours getting the carpets cleaned, and am spending another 4+ hours on Friday getting the HVAC system serviced because our house is continually at 60 degrees.  Not quite cold but not exactly comfortable either. I guess this is what real life is like.  I miss apartment living a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment