Friday, April 29, 2011

Not quite losing my mind so much

Okay, soooo I freaked out to Jon who declared that I have problems and then agreed to help me tidy up enough to be able to work. We organized things a bit, put some stuff away, and then made a huge long to do list.  It felt so good to get it down on paper and see that each task was manageable. We also found the camera cord, so here are some pics.  It's cleaner than this now, but still not great.

The kitchen: Currently plain hideous white that makes the slightly off-white floor and counter tops look dingy. The floor tile has a bit of pink design in it, so I'm thinking a warm terracotta color eventually. Also I'd love to get rid of that hunter green fan and hang our pot rack. Side note: whoever stained the cabinets must have been under the age of 5 because they could not stay in the lines or hold the brush straight or learn to wipe the extra globs off.


The deck out back: weird color orange, but doesn't look bad in this picture.  Those are my potted plants which are adjusting well to the outside life. Goodbye white fly!! Still needed: nice patio set for outdoor lounging and dinners.


Crazy overgrown backyard: I have huge plans for this.  Chop down all those overgrown suckers from trees, rip out the ivy, lots of flowering plants.  This will be the fun part.



Living room: It feels smaller than our last one, but it is open to the top landing of the stairs, so it feels very open. And it has a fireplace, which you can't see in this top picture. I would love to knock down the coat closet wall in the back of the picture to make it feel more open to the entry way and dining room. One day...




Diningroom: Not much to complain about here except a weird chandelier and a very 80's mirrored wall. We got lots of compliments from Jon's parents about our Craigslisted dining room table which really pleased me.  If you remember they had been pushing for us to get some $10000 table.  This one was $300.  Huzzah!


 Office/craft room: No words for the disaster that is this room right now. Mega yikes. You can't even see the worst of it.


So there is a lot going on.  We're slowly going to cross stuff off our list and hopefully I won't go crazy while doing it. Jon got the garage door openers hooked up this morning. Now we just need to clean out the garage enough to park in it.  Soon, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment