Friday, April 29, 2011

Small steps forward!

Jon and I made a fair bit of progress tonight after work. One major improvement: garage door openers!  They had one, but no remotes or anything. So Jon programmed remotes for each of our cars and one keypad for the outside so we don't have to keep going in the house to get to the garage.


I also wanted to show you the front yard.  Forgive the lighting...I took these at 8:00 at night.  Nice azaleas...except that the red one looks so small and random!!  Maybe it will be moved to make it fit better, if I can find another white one to put in the front. The fourth bare looking one will also be white, it's just taking longer to bloom than the others.


I made progress tonight on the small bit of space next to the azaleas. I wish I'd taken a before picture.  But look back at the pictures I posted earlier of the backyard.  That's what it was like.  You couldn't even see the wood outline because the weeds blended into the grass.  And it had horrible red mulch WITH THE BAGS BELOW IT!!!  Who does that?  I think they intend it to keep out the weeds, except when the mulch degrades into soil, it grows weeds extra well.  The new and improved small bit o' garden, hostas and begonias courtesy of Jon's mom.  They look a little wilted because Jon hid them in the garage (since Sunday!!) and forgot to tell me they were there.


Also, I mentioned we got a second car.  Here it is!  This is Bruce the beige Prius.  My blue one is Roxanne.  Yes they are identical. Same mileage. Same year.  Bruce has leather seats and a navigation system. Niiiiiice.

No comments:

Post a Comment